what is it?
Intravenous therapy involves the administration of therapeutic levels of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients directly into the blood stream.
Why IV therapy?
IV therapy supports the body in both healing and prevention, it is one of the fastest and most efficient wats to delivers fluids and medication into your body.
Proper diet and nutrition is always key in health and healing. However, it is very common to experience issues with absorption due to digestive concerns, an increased demand, and/or a reduction of nutrients from diet. When we take pills or other supplements orally some is lost in the digestion process, we then rely on the absorption through the digestive tract to get it into our blood. Since IV therapy is administered directly into the blood stream it by-passes the gastrointestinal tract (digestive system & liver) enhancing absorption and effectiveness.
IV therapy also allows for the administration of a higher concentration of nutrients at a faster rate than possible with oral supplementation.
conditions that can benefit with iv therapy:
- Digestive concerns: As stated above there is no concern with the ability of the digestive tract to absorb the nutrients. Specially important when there is known damage or malabsorption in the digestive tract (such as in: IBD, Celiac, Colitis, Chron's, etc)
- Stress: During times of high stress we run through our resources at a quick rate - increasing the demand.
- Acute colds and flus
- Fatigue & Chronic fatigue syndrome: Though it is important to get to the root cause of fatigue people often experience a feeling of enhanced energy and cognitive performance after treatment. (Note everyone responds differently to IV therapy)
- Athletic performance: including recovery after strenuous exercise
- Chronic illnesses
- Autoimmune conditions
- Migraine headaches
- Chronic muscle pain
- Chronic Infections of viral, fungal or bacterial origin
- Pre / Post surgery recovery
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Corporate performance
This list is not all encompassing as IV therapy may be beneficial in the treatment of conditions not listed above.
What is a myers cocktail?
The traditional IV therapy mixture created by Dr. John Myers, MD with Vitamin C, B vitamins, magnesium and minerals to support the treatment of various medical conditions.
IV therapy has expanded from it's creation and now a combination of vitamins, minerals, amino acids and nutrients are specifically blended for each individual need and treatment. Myers Cocktail and Nutrient IV Therapy formulas are altered to meet a specific client’s conditions and individual needs.
If you are interested in asking more questions about IV therapy, you can call to schedule a free 15-minute phone consultation OR TALK TO YOUR LOCAL NATUROPATHIC DOCTOR
Note everyone responds differently to IV therapy. IV therapy should only be given when medically necessary, under the guidance of an experienced doctor. This page is not intending to make any claims regarding healing. Always contact your primary care provider before seeking any treatment.